Difficulty - Novice, Sous Chef, Chef | Yield - 4 servings | Prep time - 20 minutes | Cook Time - 1 hour
3-4 lbs. sugar pie pumpkin, raw
1 baguette. sliced and toasted
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup chicken stock
2 cups mixed Swiss cheese (gruyere, ementhaler), grated
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cut cap off of pumpkin and scoop out inside.
3. Salt the inside and rub the outside of the pumpkin with olive oil.
4. Layer toasted baguette slices, cheese, cream, stock and spice mixture inside pumpkin until 1 inch from the top.
5. Replace top and place in baking dish; bake for 1 hour.
6. Try this delicious recipe with our Bench Blend Chardonnay.Download Recipe PDF
Please select state that you are shipping to.
We are sorry, however, at this time, we are unable to ship to the state currently selected. Please select another state or click here to find a store.