online community participants, those who purchase or inquire about our products and services, and others (collectively referred to as "customers") about our practices regarding collection,
employment applicants, suppliers, distributors, or trade contacts except when they are acting in a "customer" capacity; in all other circumstances, other policies apply. While William Hill
non-William Hill Estate Winery sites, materials, or entities unless otherwise indicated.
Intended Audience of Websites Given the nature of William Hill Estate Winery's business, our websites are intended only for individuals who are of legal drinking age. As a result, our websites do not request or knowingly collect personal data from individuals under the legal drinking age. If you are not of legal drinking age, you should not visit or use William Hill Estate Winery websites.
Information Collection and Use William Hill Estate Winery may collect personal data from customers both online and offline. In many cases, such information will be collected directly from you, such as through a transaction or inquiry, or your submission of a form, registration, or communication to us. Information may also be gathered from third-party sources (including without limitation, opt-in lists, publicly available data, consumer reporting agencies, other companies, and referrals) and through your activities and interactions with us. We may combine data collected from these disparate sources unless we tell you otherwise. More Details
As you use William Hill Estate Winery websites, some information can be "passively" collected using various technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, and navigational data collection (clickstream, log files, server logs). Your Internet browser automatically transmits some of this information, such as the URL of the website you just visited and the Internet Protocol (IP) address and browser version currently being used by your computer. Such technologies help us to keep track of your interactions with our websites and provide you with a more customized experience. More Details
We may disclose personal data you provide to our affiliates and partners and to consultants, service providers, and contractors that we use to support our business and operations (e.g., delivery services, financial institutions, fulfillment services, technical support, advertising, public relations, media and marketing services, sweepstakes and contest-related services, legal services, call-in centers, e-commerce and other web-related services such as web hosting and web monitoring services, and event-related services such as online and offline data capture services) who have agreed to keep the information confidential and use it only to provide the applicable service(s). In some cases, we work with other companies who help to gather information from you or help us to communicate with you.
Where the law allows it, William Hill Estate Winery may share customers' personal data with affiliates or with selected third-party partners to enable them to market their or other selected third parties' products and services to you.
We may also disclose personal data to third parties (including without limitation, governmental agencies) if required to do so by law, regulation, or court order; to respond to governmental and/or law enforcement requests; to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interfering with our (or others') rights or property; to support any claim, defense, or declaration in a case or before any jurisdictional and/or administrative authority, arbitration, or mediation panel; or in connection with disciplinary actions/investigations. Likewise, we may disclose personal data to third parties in connection with the sale, assignment, or other transfer of the business of this site.
The recipients of customers' personal data, and more generally these disclosures, may be located in the United States or other jurisdictions that might not provide a level of protection equivalent to the laws in your jurisdiction. By submitting personal data to William Hill Estate Winery, you consent to the transfer of such personal data outside your jurisdiction.
We may make full use of all information that is de-identified or otherwise not in personally identifiable form, including without limitation, user-generated content.
Security William Hill Estate Winery takes appropriate steps to protect personal data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction, whether in transmission or storage. Please keep in mind, however, that there is no such thing as perfect security, and no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. Moreover, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any user name and password you use.
It's Your Choice: Contact Preferences We want to keep in touch with you in ways that you find to be beneficial. By submitting personal contact information, you are agreeing that we may communicate with you via email, telephone, direct mail, and/or other means of communication. If you don't want us to use your contact information for promotional purposes (such as to tell you about other products and services that might be of interest, or to offer coupons/discounts), please tell us that when you provide your contact information. You can also let us know your preference later by contacting us as specified in the "Contact Us" section below, or by following the instructions in various communications that we may send you. Keep in mind that these preferences regarding promotional contacts do not mean that we might not contact you for other reasons, such as those related to an order you placed, an inquiry you made, a message that a friend or acquaintance requested be delivered (such as through our tell-a-friend/invite-a-friend features), a newsletter to which you may have subscribed, a membership you undertook, an event for which you registered, a legally required notice, and so on.
Your California Privacy Rights California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers who are California residents to request that William Hill Estate Winery not share their personal data with third parties for such parties' direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, send an e-mail with "California Privacy" in the subject line to email@example.com or write to us:
Attention: Consumer Relations – CA Privacy
Consumer Information Center
1541 Cummins Drive
Modesto, CA 95358
Access To keep personal data provided by you accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified in the "Contact Us" section. We can then take appropriate steps to update or correct such information in our possession, or to delete your information from our contact list.
Attention: Consumer Relations
Consumer Information Center
1541 Cummins Drive
Modesto, CA 95358
William Hill Estate Winery collects personal data about its customers in a number of ways. In this section, we describe what types of personal data we collect, the ways we collect it, and how we use it. While we have tried to be complete, this list is not necessarily exhaustive, given that these activities can vary from time to time.
The types of personal data typically collected by William Hill Estate Winery may include the following, depending on your activities:
- Contact information, including name, title, street address (home, work, billing, shipping), postal code, country, telephone numbers (home, work, cell, etc.), email address (home, work), company name, and other similar information.
- Personal/demographic information, including birthdate/age/age group, gender, birth date, salary range occupation, level of education, contest- or promotion-specific information (e.g., for wedding promotions, we ask for your wedding date, location, etc.), and the like.
- Authentication information, including user IDs, log-in names, passwords, password reminders, etc. (in addition to other personal data such as contact information, birth date, and the like).
- Transactional and financial Information, including products or services you purchase, inquire about, or request; payment information; debit/credit card information, and so on.
- Preferences, views, and comments, including beverage preferences and consumption frequency, subscriptions/communications preferences, feedback in response to surveys, etc.
- Participation information, including event attendance, sweepstakes/contest entries (including all information submitted on an entry), information provided when requesting or receiving discounts/coupons/rebates, registrations, information relating to use of online communities, and all other user submissions and content you provide.
Information Collection and Use Details
William Hill Estate Winery websites may also use IP addresses for the same purposes identified above, as well as to analyze trends, administer the site, track users' movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
We may use web beacons (also known as Internet tags or clear GIFs) on our websites to access and set cookies and otherwise help us to better understand how users are moving through our websites. Information provided by the web beacon includes the computer's IP address, the type of browser being used, and the time that the web beacon was viewed. We may also use web beacons in emails and newsletters so that we know when such communications have been opened and to otherwise help us tailor our communications to individual users.
We use personal data about customers in contexts that include the following:
- Conducting and following up on transactions. William Hill Estate Winery may use personal information such as name, title, street address, phone number, email address, title, company name, payment information, and debit/credit card information to conduct transactions with you, process your order, contact you about your order, and so on.
- Contacting others on your behalf. William Hill Estate Winery offers a number of opportunities for reaching out to friends through "tell-a-friend"" features (e.g., about our websites) or "invite-a-friend" opportunities (e.g., to a party you are hosting), or when you purchase gifts to send to friends. Depending on the feature, we may ask you for your name and contact information (plus registration information, where applicable) as well as your friend's name, email address, street address, phone number, and birth date (the latter for age verification, given restrictions associated with alcoholic beverages). We use the personal data that you provide about others to fulfill your one-time request and do not use it to contact the friend again unless you or your friend request that we do so. If you are purchasing a gift for a friend, we will also collect transaction information, as discussed above.
- To follow up with you after you have completed a form, business reply card, or survey, whether online or offline. When you attend an event where William Hill Estate Winery brands are present, you might fill in an optional form, telling us your name, title, email address, beverage consumption preferences, whether you attended past events, your postal code, comments, whether you would like us to contact you in the future, and/or other information. Likewise, you might choose to participate in an online or offline survey (anonymously or with name/contact information) where you provide demographic information, your beverage consumption information, and survey-specific preference data. We use the personal data you provide to improve our products and services, our website content, and otherwise to more effectively communicate with you.
- To contact us with questions, comment, or concerns. We provide a number of ways for you to contact us to ask questions, provide comments, or share concerns. This may occur, for example, via the William Hill Estate Winery Consumer Information Center (by calling a designated phone number), "contact us" sections on William Hill Estate Winery websites, or postal mail. Depending on the circumstances, we may collect your name, title, contact information, age group, product UPC number, message type, case number (if tied to a previous issue), comments, and other types of data relevant to the specific situation (e.g., product involved, use of the product, any problems with the product, and the like). For training, quality assurance, and legal compliance purposes, we may also record calls to the William Hill Estate Winery Consumer Information Center.
- To provide materials you request. We provide a number of ways for you to request materials from us, such as newsletters, coupons, rebates, brochures, product literature, and the like. William Hill Estate Winery may collect and use contact name, title, contact information, age-indicative information, demographic information, preferences, transaction information (related to rebates) and other information relevant to responding to your request.
- To permit your participation in contests, sweepstakes, and other promotions. To participate in sweepstakes, contests and other similar promotions, we often collect name, title, contact information, age-indicative information, and gender, as well as other information related to the particular activity. We will indicate which information is required (e.g., to contact winners, to verify eligibility to participate, etc.) and which is optional (e.g., demographic information, preferences, etc., designed to help us better understand you and address your interests).